Friday, October 06, 2006

Nostalgia

I like it here. I really do. But I miss those years when all of us were together, when all of us were young, wishful and filled with big dreams. Part of it is coming true right in front of my eyes.

We seldom stay in touch. And you complain I never do. But staying in touch regularly was never the remedy to keep the strings together. I can pick up the phone and start right where we left off few months ago or maybe years. Thats the beauty of it. Reminded I am, by this song by Simon & Garfunkel.

Old friends,
Memory brushes the same years
Silently sharing the same fear...

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; they're all that's left you

I want to go home now. And re-live it all for a while.
Even if I cant in my mind, all of you are always there. Always.


1 comment:

Katie said...

I love this song.